Pages

Search blog and web

Teenager not sure what to make out of parental situation

I'm a 16 year old brother of a younger sister who is 7 years old. My parents have hit a rough patch in their relationship for as long as I can remember; they would always tend to quarrel ever since I was a little boy. I've heard people say that if your parents don't argue, then it something fishy might be going on, but I have come to realization that this is in fact false. My father is not the romantic type, but I sure know that he loves his family with the amount of hours spent at work and all the things he tries to do for us. Over the past decade we have visited over 10 areas in the Caribbean for various vacations, although slowly these family trips have come to a halt due to financial troubles. My father is a very stressed man, especially after the 9/11 attacks which he had to witness first hand. The emotional burden of loosing coworkers simply proved too much over these years. My parents slowly started to grow apart from each other. My mom began compl aining that he doesn't provide enough attention to her, in a romantic manner that is. over the past year their arguments have escalated to the point that my father has threatened her with violence. Just recently I overheard my parents fighting at night, and discovered that my mother has been texting a man from her job for a certain period of time; the texts involved "i miss you, I love you, and some sexual references." She said out loud that she did not have an actual relationship with the man but only through her phone and the social network. This has seriously affected my father for I've noticed that he sulks more often but does not tell me the truth. I feel both disbelief and relief at the same time because I am fed up with their bull****. I am looking forward to a divorce (mentioned by my father a couple of times) for some odd reason because I feel that a fresh start is best for our mess of a family. I have kind of lost hope, especially with the stress i receive at schoo l. Please help me out create a position on this situation. I also found out that my father has explained the incident to relatives and some family friends already.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment