Pages

Search blog and web

Feeling bummed about weight and intimacy

Little bummed tonight. I came home from the movies and told my DH about how this very unattractive woman hit on me at the theatre. I made a comment like "so this is what I've been reduced to.....I only attract old men and repulsive women" and he didn't say anything. I felt devastated because we haven't been intimate in a sexual way for over 8 years. I guess I was just hoping he would recognize how hard I've been working at it and tell me it wouldn't always be that way.

I realize how overweight I am (160 pounds heavier than when we met) but have been trying to lose weight without much success. The meds I'm on for Bipolar Disorder change your metabolism a bit and I have a thyroid disorder almost to the point of thyroid disease. It's not that weight loss is impossible, it is just extremely and painfully difficult.

We are giving each other gym memberships through our insurance company for Valentine's day. It's a sweet deal, only $25 per person/month and it gives access to dozens of different gyms in the area like Curves, Anytime Fitness, LA Fitness and some of the other local ones. I love going to Curves because I'm able to do the machines at my own pace and to the best of my ability. Every time I leave there feeling good about myself both physically and mentally.

I guess my question is for the guys mainly: do you think it's possible to rekindle a physical relationship after being unattracted to someone for so long? I don't think I'm hideous or anything....have a beautiful face, good hygiene and wear trendy hair styles and makeup. It just never seems to be enough and I totally get it because men are usually attracted with their eyes. :( Would he have suggested the gym membership for both of us if he wasn't at least interested?

Sorry for the whine....I don't even have cheese to offer at my pity party. I just feel incapable of attracting anyone who is attractive and since my husband agreed with his silence, it's really hard to hear.

Hope

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment