Pages

Search blog and web

Mess up with girls

  • Thread Starter

Hi,

A bit of background. I had health problems through school which caused me to go 55% deaf. I struggled with social aspects and took a step back from everything. It's pretty difficult to interact when you can't hear. As a result I have no friends so I will consider myself socially behind.

Since university, jobs and social clubs, I've managed to gain some of the missing skills being forced into situations I wouldn't normally put myself in and now I wear hearing aids, I have more confidence and am catching up on my social skills.

I am part of a social club and I get a long with the guys there very well; I have met a lot of acquaintances. Although I don't do so well with the girls. They have somehow :confused: figured out I don't like to hug. I've never said I don't like it so they must of figured out because I don't launch into hug mode on greeting but in my head I'm equally not going to hug every girl I meet. What happens if I do and they don't like that and think it is very forward and get offended. Although I'm not keen on hugging either I over think it. It ends up to be an awkward mess :$

There was also a situation where we worked in groups and a group member would of had to invade your personal space. It was a girl. A girl that I really liked too. She said oh sorry I'm a bit close I won't ... and I said ok. Any other normal guy would of loved it and said ok. Although I'm more curious how she along with others figured out I might not like it.

Where am I going wrong am I giving off bad body language? I don't want to be like hugging and kissing every girl; well I do really I do but I don't want to be perceived as trying to hit on or flirting.


Thanks

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment