Pages

Search blog and web

Depression & Relationship

  • Thread Starter

I've been in a relationship for two and a half years now and I've had a history of depression prior to starting it. There were several times when I felt it creeping back up, and my boyfriend knew about it, but I always managed to put myself into a better place. Now it's not working.

It's the worst it has ever been and I have approached my boyfriend about it, as well as some members of my family. I don't feel particularly close to family, so I was hoping for some understanding from my boyfriend. Yeah, he's been there for me when I couldn't stop crying and I'm thankful for that, but I feel like he's pushing me away.

I told him I don't like being alone because it keeps getting worse if I am, but he is always busy. Something comes up, friends, pubs, he's too tired. Promises are being broken all the time and it just feels like he's making up excuses. I've literally only saw him once over two weeks, which is very unusual. Even when we do spend time together, he just ends up falling asleep, or arguing about something.

I understand that he needs time away from me, that's natural, but I feel incredibly alone and I don't know what to say or to do anymore.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment