Pages

Search blog and web

Why do friends never invite me out?

  • Thread Starter

So it's the weekend and I have no plans, I work every weekend and I never get invited anywhere by my friends. I'm the person who usually organises everything and gets everyone together, half my friends probably wouldn't see each other unless I invite them all out together. But lately I haven't bothered, I feel like I'm the one doing all the work and I'm being taken for granted. But now I don't have any plans ever and spend every weekend in the house. I don't see why no one else can ask me, why it always has to be me asking them.

I spoke to one friend about it because he never contacts me or asks me to hang unless I do it, and I said I wanted him to make more effort. He said he would, but he waited over a few weeks to send me one text asking how I was, and I haven't seen him since, he hasn't once asked me to meet up or hang out. Am I never gonna see him again unless I ask him? I think for people in their 20s, that's silly. He asks another female friend round to his house all the time to hang out (it's platonic) but he's never once asked me. I mentioned this but again nothing has changed. I feel like if someone really wanted to hang out with you, they would. So right now it feels like he really doesn't value me as a friend at all?

Another friend I texted saying I wasn't in a good place cos I have no social life and no ones made any effort to contact me, and she said she was going out and asked if I wanted to come, but it seems to me like so you made plans and didn't even consider inviting me in the first place until I basically ask to come! If she wanted me there she would've asked without me needing to contact her saying I'm feeling alone :/?

I've been trying to go to hobby things to meet new people and make new friends, but it's obviously gonna take a while before anything develops. But right now I feel pathetic that I spend every weekend in the house. I know I'm maybe being stubborn in not making the effort to ask people anymore, but I just don't see why one person can't even ask me to hang out once, it doesn't happen. Which is making me feel really horrible.

And the thing is, so I usually invite everyone out and get them together, so you'd think when I don't ask they'd have no plans either, but this isn't the case at all, they all seem to be able to have other plans and I see on fb they've been out or whatever and it just makes me think how hard would it have been to text me saying hey fancy coming? But they don't even consider me or think about me.

I dunno what to do.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment