Pages

Search blog and web

Need some insight please

My wife and I have a very good marriage. She is almost always level headed even when she gets emotional. We are always able to talk out our problems effectively. In fact, things have been gong great lately. Lots of remodeling on the house. She wanted some things that didn't fit in the budget but I made it work. I know there is some added pressure at her job but she seemed to have weathered the storm and had it under control. So everything was pretty awesome...until last night.

I was downstairs watching TV. I had asked if she'd like to watch with me but she said she was going on her computer for a while. We were both in good moods I thought. She was all smiles. She asked about opening a bottle of wine so I did. We each took a glass. I again asked her if she was coming to the family room to watch TV. She said maybe later. A couple of hours later I went upstairs to get ready for bed. She came storming out of her computer room and starting talking very loud. She complained that I never take her to exciting places like concerts anymore. I reminded her that we occasionally look for things to do but we never find anything that she wants to do. We do go out to eat at least once a week, occasionally to the movies, and of course shopping. She complained that three weeks ago she didn't go out at all that weekend. All I did was barbeque. I said well we can't go out all the time. Sometimes we do stay home. I reminded her that we went out every other weekend but that one. She said I'm trying to change her. I'm trying to take away her wild spirit. I don't know where that came from because she's never been wild. We used to go out clubbing over in a while but there hasn't been any bands lately that she's wanted to see. So after about an hour of her blaming me for every issue in her life I finally said that I was done. If all she wanted to do was yell then the conversation is over. I told her when she can talk without insulting and raising her voice then get back to me. Then I went to bed.

This morning she woke up like nothing had ever happened. She was her usual self and seemed genuinely confused as to my "mood." So I'm sitting here and now I'm the one confused. What in the heck happened? If this was a fitness test it was certainly an unusual one and completely out of the blue.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment