Pages

Search blog and web

Feeling alone

Anyone else ever feel alone or isolated in their relationship?

I've reached a point where I feel I need to grab my wife and demand to just be acknowledged. Shout something like, "Hey! I'm here!"

Its hard to describe exactly what I'm going through, its almost as if we are going through the motions on a day to day basis and trying our best not to step on each others toes.

I keep trying but at times I just don't know why. Its been 3 and a half years since we last took a break to get away on our own for a bit.

Thought it may be a good idea to suggest doing something for a day this weekend and as I was checking availability and sending the message I could predict the excuses why it wouldn't work. Got the reply back and I was 100% spot on.

Decided that since we won't be doing anything let me surprise her and went and got a set of earrings she said she wanted. As these stores work there was a matching necklace which I then bought as well. Response was underwhelming to say the least. Thanks for the earrings, the necklace is too expensive and I have something similar.

Just feels like I'm fighting a losing battle at this stage.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment