Pages

Search blog and web

Newly married & already feeling distant

We married 3 weeks ago today and I am already on a site looking for help and answers!! Ummm that sort of scares the crap out of me wondering what's to come of our future together.

We have been together a little over 2 years and was just married. From month 6th we read the book '5 Love Languages' (which I highly recommend) and we both reallized what our love languages were. Mine is Physical Touch. He knows this. We have discussed this a half-dozen times. However, he still won't give it to me. I am a touchy-feely person with him and I am only wanting just a small part of that in return but he doesn't do it. As I stated above we have been married for only 3 weeks and I feel more distant from him than ever. If he puts his hand on my leg it's like dead weight. He doesn't rub me, caress, etc.. Just plops his hand down and calls it 'physical touch'. I have told him over and over again how much I love when he does it but he STILL doesn't do it. He says it's not natural to him now that I have brought it to his attention. BUT if I don't mention it to him, he's still not doing it!

It sounds very petty as I type this out, but I want the feeling of sexy again. It seems he was more into me in the beginning and was more touchy-feely, so I know he has the potential. I am taking it personally now and maybe I shouldn't. However when I have asked on a few occassions that I wish he would reach for me more or caress or stroke my hair now and again, he just wont do it. I don't understand how something so simple and FREE could be so difficult.

I have played the game of not touching him as often, but not sure if he really cares. His love language is not physical touch.

If I'm longing for this now, Im afraid to imagine how hard it will be 1 yr, 5 yr or 20 years down the road.

Just frustrated!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment