Pages

Search blog and web

Need someones opinion ....

  • Thread Starter

So I started Uni

My flatmates are nice, I get on with them.
Especially with one of the girls. (I'm a guy just FYI)

However the synergy of our flat seems very different to everyone elses.

Every other flat always seems to be pre-drinking together, dressing up and playing drinking games, taking cute lil selfies together. I even see it all plastered over facebook etc.

In my flat we have

2 girls
1 of them was the really sociable type, would talk to everyone, but she seemed a bit fake and I don't like talking to her but I do anyway.
The other is the one I get on well with, I feel really comfortable around her, we make each other laugh etc.

4 guys
So me ...
1 international student who is 17, his english is good but conversing can be hard sometimes .. and he can be very annoying sometimes but I won't go into that.
1 mature student, he is around 26, so he is more laidback etc.
1 other guy I never see (Always in his room but he also lives close, so if he does come out he's going out with friends he knows as he lives locally)

I have gone out, around 4/5 times during freshers, but I have ran out of expendable money ... I ran out after like the 3rd night out ....
And it has been fun for the most part.
I went with the girl roommate who I got along well with and the mature student to go clubbing.

Idk if this is relevant but someone from my College goes to the same Uni.
We get on well and we have seen each other a few times but lately he'd been peer pressuring me a lot, like he found out I had'n't hooked up with anyone yet since freshers and he was trying to wingman me, forcing me to talk to people but either I wasn't feeling up for it or the girls just weren't into it and busy minding their own business etc.

I've never been much of a clubber, I lived in a small town but what I most enjoyed were house parties .. the atmosphere was more relaxed and they would always be fun.

My lack of money also means joining societies can be quite hard :/
I didn't get a bursary and my parents don't support me financially and my budget for food is £3 a day to cover breakfast lunch and dinner.
But I may be able to cover costs for the gym and Jiu Jitsu or something soon.

I'm gonna try and get a weekend job?

But idk.

I've always felt I can't be myself here. The only person I feel more myself around is that female flatmate. Everywhere else I just feel really tense ... the fact that I have to walk up to 40 minutes from my accommodation to my lectures doesn't help.

I'm 'friendly' with quite a few people on my class / lectures but I haven't truly clicked with any of them and yet everyone I see in my lecture halls always seem to be with people they click with.

I'm starting to feel lonely and out of place. Maybe this will change when I start my societies / clubs / gym or whatever but in the mean time i'm feeling empty inside.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment