Pages

Search blog and web

When to call it quits?

At what point do you say this marriage is over?

My husband and I are coming up on our 2nd anniversary(end of this month) and, at least for me, our marriage has been rough(a roller coaster ride) from the very beginning. Literally, we had problems on our honeymoon. It got better for a few months after that, then surprise we got pregnant and it has been pretty rough ever since. There are moments of happiness, but for the most part I have been unhappy. I feel like a majority of the reason I stay in my marriage is because I want my son to have an intact family and maybe a small hope that things can get better. I don't know at what point you say enough is enough.

I have been trying, for well over a year, to help our marriage, but I can't do it alone. About a month or so ago, my husband promised he would change and did somewhat change things, but the changes made were for his own benefit(he helped his stress levels by going running). I'm happy for him in that and it did also help our sex life, but I still feel alone at times and frustrated a lot. I don't know how long to keep trying in my marriage or if I should just give up.

Should I continue to give him more time to change or just say enough is enough? We're still settling into a new home, but my husband's promises of things being 'better' here are not panning out. I don't necessarily want to call it quits right now, but looking more for a timeline of when I have given him a good amount of time and there are not lasting changes.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment