Pages

Search blog and web

I always put relationships/girls on a pedestal how can I resolve this?

  • Thread Starter

Ever since I can remember I have always put girls on a pedestal and always been clingy and needy because of this. I guess it's because I've never felt good in myself, or consciously accepted that I don't need love or a girlfriend/relationship to be happy.

I'm a guy in my early twenties at a stage where I should be confident, outgoing and at my peak in life. But right now I don't even enjoy it. This feeds into every avenue of my life, the feeling of inadequacy.

Now, contrary to what this post may suggest, I do have a girlfriend, and have had one other relationship besides this one, but I just feel that (although I love my girlfriend) I am not as confident as I should be with her because of the whole not believing I can be happy without her.

This idea of me putting love on a pedestal makes me more of a victim of my own insecurities (I believe), such as clingy-ness, paranoia, always thinking the worst, and not believing that they are attracted to me.

How can I become content with who I am, I've been this way all my life, maybe compensating for the lack of female attention I had as a child (therefore valuing woman more than myself).

Anyone have any practical advice here?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment