Pages

Search blog and web

Potential elder abuse

Tomorrow my Aunt and I are taking my Grandmother to my cousins house for a baby shower. My Grandmother lives in an assisted living facility. Upon hearing this news my birth mother had a fit. Blessed out my Aunt, then attempted to call me several times before I had the time to talk to her and what came out of the conversation is disturbing.

1. No one in the family is allowed to take my Grandmother anywhere without clearing it through my mother first.

2. No one is to spend any money on behalf of Grammy without clearing it through my mother. ($30 gift certificate was too much)

3. My mother is the sole person who has her Power of attorney, will, advanced directives and sole access to all financial assests including the reverse mortgage on the house which now stands empty and is to be sold in Sept. No one in the entire family has any copies or access.

My Grandmother ended up in assisted living when she fell and broke six ribs.she recovered well and has mobility issues which are remedied with a walker and wheelchair. My Grandmother is very lucid.

My mother on the other hand is well known for her abusive ways and I am smelling a rat.

She said "No one is to do anything regarding Grammy because I am legally responsible for her." I get the distinct impression from her that she views a POA as giving her ultimate power over Grammy.

Christmas a few years ago she manhandled Grammy, so we are all concerned. Any insight on elder abuse experience welcomed.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment