Pages

Search blog and web

If you're going to get advice...you should give advice?

I wasn't sure where else to ask this. It's not really a suggestion but more of a question. But, in one of the threads it says that if you're going to receive advice, then you should give it as well.

What about in my case, where I'm younger than all of the members on this website? It feels silly for someone who is my age (20) with less than 2 years of marriage under my belt, to give advice or opinions to someone who is, say 45, and has been married for 25 years asking for advice. I feel silly trying to give advice to anyone, as if my advice is dumb because I'm so young. And even if my advice wasn't dumb, why would someone want to take directions for their life from a 20 year old who doesn't even know herself yet? I imagine them laughing and thinking, who is this kid trying to give ME advice?

I guess I'm just wondering what the consensus is on someone my age giving out advice to those older than me with much more experience than me, when in reality *I* should be the one asking for advice and wisdom from them.

I guess I've just felt really dumb and inexperienced anytime I've attempted to give someone older than me advice. lol :scratchhead:

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment