Pages

Search blog and web

How to deal with a GF who has social anxiety amongst other issues?

  • Thread Starter

My GF and I have been dating for almost 3 months now, and things are going great. We've had a couple upsets, but nothing too serious at all.

She's told me that ever since she was 8 years old she's had anxiety issues which prevent her from attending large social meets. I've understood it, but I'd like to help change it with her.

Her ex boyfriend ruined her self-confidence and self-esteem, he used to force her into having sex and is busy calling her "Lord Voldemort". She tells me she gets really sick if he is as so much mentioned by anyone.

I think I've been a decent BF up till now ... her parents, especially her mum, tell me how kind and lovely I am ... her grand parents, who gossip, a lot have mentioned me to most of their family ... and her friends tell me we make one of the cutest couples they've ever seen.

I'm meeting a large part of her family this Sunday over a BBQ.


I do my best to be there for her, and to support her, but she's having conflicts on whether she wants to come to my family's holiday home for a couple days and nights - It may be the last time we properly see each other till after the summer holidays.

Is there any advice you guys can give me?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment