Pages

Search blog and web

To end marriage or not

My husband and I have been married for 11 years and have and 8 year old son and 7 year old daughter.
7 years ago I lied to him about a money issue and we have lived in hell since! A few months after the issue, he was arrested for DV.
So, 7 years of no conversation other than verbal abuse, no closeness, no love, no kindness, nothing. Told that I was a piece of ****, I have nothing to offer our family and that I should just leave and let him and his family raise our children. Our family life had become a business and that's how we ran it.
We still socialized with family and friend on the weekends as a buffer so we didn't have to spend time alone. We haven't slept in the same bed for at least 4 years.
Two weeks ago, I told him I was meeting my friend for drinks. I did meet a friend but not who I told him I was meeting. It was a guy I went to high school with 30 years and it was strictly for drinks. By midnight he got concerned because I was not home yet and that is completely out of character for me. He went on my FB and saw an innocent conversation I had been having with this guy and saw that we had planned to meet. The **** hit the fan when I got home and has continued to two weeks.
Five days later, he choked me, told me to leave, drug me down the hall in front of our children, and slapped me across the phone! I grabbed the phone and dialed 911 but he got it out of my hand. I thought for sure I would die that night.
Now, I hear everyday how much he loves me, he didn't realize what I dark place I had gotten to, and he wants everything to work out for our family. I don't know that I do. I am very conflicted. I want to be happy and I want my children to be in a happy environment. He belittles what he has done and believes the kids are not effected by his actions. We saw a therapist this week.
I'm just looking for an outlet and hoping for some advice. Thanks!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment