Pages

Search blog and web

SAHM eating and energy...

My wife is a SAHM.

Until a few weeks ago, she was complaining daily about being tired and begin drained, but not being able to sleep.

At the same time, she was getting a bit quick with me or jumping on me for doing something stupid. We had a big fight, and at the end, I pretty much told her how I felt and she's stopped telling me she's tired. Now, she's kind of pretending she never said it.

She doesn't eat all day. Her first meal is typically 9pm. I'm confident this is her problem, but she claims that she's a SAHM and she doesn't have enough time to eat. I remind her that she has time to smoke cigs and typically is having a beer when I get home.

So every time we have this conversation, she kind of concedes that that is her problem and it's clear, but then she goes back to saying she doesn't have time to eat. I don't have trouble finding time to eat when I'm watching the kids alone.

So she says that she doesn't have time to cook the type of food that wants. I told her that I don't either, but I still eat.

It's odd that when she thought she had some sort of deficiency, she was tired, now that it's about food, she's not.

So I've brought it up to her, but we go back and forth. I say the reason you are so tired... She says "I'm not tired". She says it's because "I'm a SAHM". I say it has to be even more difficult to be SAHM and not eat.

Now, she says food makes her tired.

Whenever I bring it up, she gets very evasive. She has had an eating disorder in the past, but she doens't appear to be not eating for the sake of weight loss. I think she's convinced herself she doesn't have time to eat. That gives her less energy. Which in turn allows her to get less stuff done so she doesn't eat.

I 100% believe she'd be in a better state of mind if she ate earlier in the day. How do I convince her?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment