Pages

Search blog and web

Need an outsider's view- am I compromising too much or not?

  • Thread Starter

My boyfriend and I have been together about a year, have lived in different places throughout our relationship but been very long distance for the last 9 months or so. When we live in the same country we see each other every 2-3 weeks but recently it's only been every 2-4 months. I will be moving back to live very near to him soon.

When we were first getting together we would be almost constantly texting but this has slowed down as time has gone on which I understand is pretty normal. But lately he often goes all day or all evening without messaging me. This wouldn't bother me if it was just sometimes, but it's most of the time and I think that, because of the distance, it's important we keep in touch. He is also on his phone a lot when we are together in person. He also very rarely treats me to things and I am often the one paying for things we do together. I don't expect to be taken out for dinner all the time or bought presents but I do appreciate small things to show he thinks of me. He often promises to write me a letter, send me chocolate (I'm abroad and you can't get good chocolate here!), plan a nice day for the two of us etc but never actually does and I will often be a bit disappointed that I go to visit him and he won't have planned/want to do anything special together, but just takes me to h ang out with his friends or play xbox.

He is a great guy; understanding in the majority of situations, funny, says he loves me very much all the time and is so much fun to be around. However I just don't feel that he thinks of me very much. I suppose I am always thinking of him and like to send him little messages and presents or whatever to let him know that, and I feel a bit upset he doesn't do the same for me.

I hope that this post doesn't make me sound like a brat, but I'm wondering what you all think. Is it too much of a compromise to try to be with someone who doesn't give me as much care as I would like? Or can these things be worked around? I have talked to him about these things but like I said, he often says they will change but they never do.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment