Pages

Search blog and web

How to fight insecurities?

Rant!

I'm full of insecurities!

I always feel like my girlfriends and/or female cousins (especially 1 in particular) get more men-attention than me.
It's not my feeling, it's actually true. Even a guy-instructor at the gym told me this today. He said "You're not one that people notice immediately....." (although he went on saying I'm very intelligent blah blah blah..:sleeping:)


When we go to the club, my girls always get more looks and guys approach them and not me.
When we go to the bar or walk down the street, nobody notices me UNLESS I'm alone.
Sometimes, I have to put in extra effort to get noticed while said girls are the center of attention effortlessly.
[I'm glad that I've got beautiful girls around me ..but I wish I could get noticed too.]

So I get looks ONLY when I'm alone. Does it mean I have to be without friends for the rest of my life? Although I never show this side of mine in front of them or anyone else.
I'm a sociable person ..just like my friends are ...but whatever I do I never get the results they get. Even when I try to be more confident, even when I'm not ...it's as if I'm not there.

I even went to the point of thinking that I'll never have a boyfriend anymore because my girlfriends (or cousin) will take him away from me and he will simply get disinterested in me within a short amount of time.
Will he cheat on me with any of them? The guy doesn't even exist..., yet I find myself being taken by paranoia and thoughts of being cheated on.

I've never had a mutual interest with a guy. When I was interested in them ...they weren't in me. Other guys were interested in me but I wasn't in them.
I've been with a guy in the past but I felt he wasn't interested in me beyond the sexual interest.
Plus, he expressed interest in my cousin (that 1 in particular)..which was something that turned me off.

Speaking of the cousin (who's 21 and a good looking girl) drew attention of another guy I was interested in the past.
Now I'm thinking all the guys I'll be interested in the future will always think of her before they think of me.
Mom always talks about how she dresses so well, how she's got a great body, how she's got bigger boobs.
Seriously, if mom didn't talk about her THAT much I wouldn't be jealous of her. I'm glad that she dresses well but why does mom have to talk about her all the time???


The rant goes on.
2 OTHER guys I was interested in the past (different times), got interested in one of my close friends at the time of speaking. Somehow she always manages to get guys' attention although she's nowhere near as good looking as any of the girls I mentioned above.


Recently, at least 4 men at my gym asked me out on dates(though I declined as I'm not interested in any of them), but the only guy I'm currently interested in hasn't YET.

Why am I so unlucky??!! I couldn't stop crying for the whole evening tonight... !!!!
I'm 26 and I'm ashamed to say I sound like 16 with this thread. But I couldn't keep it anymore inside.

P.s. I'm not blaming my girls or cousin about anything. I'm simply saying how things are and how I feel.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment