Pages

Search blog and web

I don't like spending time with my dad.

  • Thread Starter

I see my dad every weekend and I don't look forward to it. In fact, I slightly dread it. It was never like this until a few months ago where he just really got on my nerves.

My mum and him have been seperated for like over 12 years, yet it seems she isn't allowed to move on. She told him that she had a new partner, to be polite, and since then I've not enjoyed his company.

He said it made him sad, how he wants to seek help, to leave my mum to it and things like that. He was also weird with my mum, like not really coming in to speak. He usually picks me up from my house, but recently my mum has been dropping me off as it's on her way to her partners house. My dad said to her that he thought she was 'hiding something'.

When my mum first told him, he would say like sad things that happened to him, how he doesn't get on with his family and stuff like that. I want to defend him but I feel it's to make me feel sorry for him. I've cried so much about it and it really got me down. I'm not close to him so I don't want to speak about it.

I just want to move far away when I go to Uni, but then I'm going to be guilty because by then, he will be an old man living alone (doesn't have a partner). I feel torn, guilty and generally sad that he had to make our relationship this way.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment