Pages

Search blog and web

Husband almost never "WOWed"

Hi all,

Here's a weird question... does anyone have a spouse that is not very expressive? My husband is a really even-keeled guy. I recognize that every personality trait has a good and a bad side, and the fact that he is not particularly emotional makes him grounded and reliable - he is my rock.

However, once and a while, I just want to WOW him, you know? Knock his socks off. And even though I should know after 13 years that it's just not in his nature, I still TRY... to no avail.

For example, about 6 months ago, we attended a fundraiser together. I really kicked it up a notch - hair, makeup, and a killer dress. I felt confident. He saw me, smiled, said hi... and that was it. No "you look great" or anything like that. I was pretty disappointed. Yet, sometimes, I'll be hanging around at home in jeans and a sweatshirt and I'll get "you're so beautiful, baby." Um... what? Thanks?

So, does anyone else have a spouse like this? If so, have you ever been able to finally get the reaction you were looking for?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment