Pages

Search blog and web

Housemate/boyfriend dilemma - please help!

I have been going out with my boyfriend for 3 months now. I am at Uni and live in a house with 3 other girls. My boyfriend comes round pretty regularly, we see each other at least 3 times per week, he always comes round mine and we cook for each other and then do uni work together. So last night it was valentine's day I texted my housemates early to tell them that he was coming round and will be sleeping over in my room. I thought this was Ok as he doesn't live near me, money is tight and getting a taxi back late at night would be a nightmare. Also I thought I was giving them plenty of notice as this was 9am. Plenty of people have slept over at my house before in my other housemate's rooms. We weren't doing anything special, just planning to order a takeaway then watch a film together in my room. It wasn't like we wanted the house to ourselves or anything. Anyway, one of them text back multiple times telling me (and I quote) 'we haven't discussed this as a house', 'it would have been better to ask', 'you know how I feel about this!' (we are all christians and I know she doesn't agree with sex before marriage). As I was in lecture at the time this was a pretty heated text debate as you can imagine and I don't know where I stand. Eventually, I told her that we can discuss it at a later date, but that my plans haven't changed. So he did come round and it turned out to be a great night. But now there's a frosty atmosphere in the house with this one girl who evidently completely disagrees with the idea of my boyfriend staying over (this is the first time he had stayed over). I have no idea how to resolve this as I feel in the minority. I am also very very confused.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment