Pages

Search blog and web

How do I tell him how much he hurt me

My boyfriend has a habit of saying the wrong things. He came over last night and we talked. He asked "Is there anything you had to compromise on to choose me?" and I told him that although there are some differences between, I don't feel like I did. Then he said "I quite like girls who play musical instruments to be honest. But you have so many wonderful qualities that no other girls have. You have everything else I could ever want in a woman". I burst into tears right there and then. The next morning (today) I said, "I don't want to be a compromise to you" and he insisted that I wasn't. I told him I loved him and then I said goodbye.

What he said really hurt. At one point he also told me that he "wouldn't pick [my] boobs from a shelf full of boobs" . After seeing me upset, he did apologise. But that's another thing that's stuck in my mind. Even though he apologised and I forgave him, it's still in my head and it gets in the way when we are intimate.

I'm quite shy about expressing my feelings. I find it hard to show how much something affects me and it's only afterwards that I think about the words I need to say. What is the best thing to say to him so that he gets it into his head? I don't think he meant to be cruel - he just puts things in a very honest way and it really hurts sometimes. He did comfort me afterwards when I cried but ahhh don't know if he gets it.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment