Pages

Search blog and web

Boyfriend is lying to me about smoking and drugs

We've been going out for about 2 months now and he only started smoking and doing drugs when we both started uni. The other night I was really upset about some personal things and I asked if he could come and see me (he lives 3 floors below me) so I could talk to him about it but he said that he was doing a lot of work (this was at 10.30pm) and he couldn't.

Around 11pm I went downstairs to throw away some recycling and I walk past his flat where one of his friends sees me and asks me why I'm not there with my bf. I didn't know what he meant so I asked him what my bf was doing and he said that him and his friends were getting high. I just said ok then walked back to my flat. I didn't talk to him for the rest of the night.

The next day he comes and sees me and he was giggling a lot and was very happy so I asked him if he had drunk/smoked that night and he said no. I mentioned it to him that his friend told me that he was getting high the night before and he said "Ohhh yeah, I finished my work around 9 and Joe and some others asked if I wanted to smoke so I said ok because I wasn't going to see you." I already was confused with what he said because it was around 10.30 the other night when he told me he was still doing work but now he said he finished around 9.

He asked if I was ok with him smoking and doing drugs and I said that I wasn't really ok with it but I'm not going to say that he can't do what he wants and he was ok with that.

The next night I got more upsetting news and I asked if I could go to his flat to talk to him, he agreed and we spoke for a while. He mentioned that night where he got high and he kept saying things like "I thought I wasn't going to see you that night that's why I smoked and stuff, I hope you don't mind" and I kept saying that it was fine. His friend Joe texted him and he was falling asleep so he asked me to read it out and reply for him. I did that and I saw that his previous texts from Joe were from that night he got high. My bf had texted him around 8pm asking him if he had some drugs for him and some of his friends and to meet up around 9pm.

I knew he was lying again but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to start an argument with him. I really do like him and he knows that I have some problems in my life which is really stressing me out and he helps out when he can but I don't know what to do when he's lying about little things. He could have told me that he was going to hang out with his friends but instead he told me that he was working.

Any advice?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment