Pages

Search blog and web

venting - any advice/opinions welcome! tell me if I am out of line.

When my teenagers are in there room which is all the time, they keep the door closed because they don't want the dogs in their room. We have always just opened the door and walked in. Nobody has ever complained about it. Everybody knows when they are in their changing so you just respect that and don't enter the room at that time.

Well, yesterday, after my son just walked into the girls room (mid afternoon) to ask a question, my husband called my son over and told him he needs to knock on the door before entering. My son said why, it is in the afternoon and I know all they are doing is watching TV. My husband looked over at me and I voiced my opinion. I think they need a certain amount of privacy but they are in their rooms so much that I don't even knock when I enter unless it is when they are getting ready for bed or getting up in the morning. My two daughters share a room and my son has his own room.

Well, my husband got mad at me because I didn't agree with him. Keep in mind, this was the first time this has even come up in the 5 years we have been married. He tells me I don't ever agree with him and don't make him feel part of the family. He is the type of person you have to walk on eggshells around. When he is home, that is when my kids stay in their room. If he is gone they all hang out in the living room.

The other day, him and I went to the store and had to stop at the auto parts store. I couldn't remember exactly where it was but I told him were I thought it was. When I was in the first store he looked up the auto parts store on his GPS. When I got in the car he told me it was east of a certain street. I said, I haven't been there in a while but I am pretty sure it is on the west side of the street. He got mad at me because again I didn't agree with him. I told him I my be right, it isn't a big deal. Well, turned out I was right. He walked in the store (I stayed in the car), he was in there maybe 3 minutes and walked out empty handed. I said, they didn't have them? He said yes but I stood there 2 minutes and no one helped me because 3 guys were trying to figure out something for another customer. He said, I am not going to stand there and wait. He told me he said to the guys isn't anyone going to help me and one guy said I will be right with you. My husband said too late and walked out leaving the items on the counter. He got in the car huffing and puffing. We didn't talk the entire way home.

He says I am way out of line, don't respect him and don't make him feel part of the family.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment