Pages

Search blog and web

Was I in the wrong here?

Alright, I'm 16. Before the whirlwind series of events this summer, I had never dated anyone. I'd rejected someone and been rejected by someone, both because of a lack of spark on my or their end. I was frankly doing fine - in fact, since I'm bisexual, I was considering 'taking a break' from guys and looking for a girlfriend.

Then reality came and punched me in the face.

I got asked out over Facebook by a guy I vaguely recognised. Because we'd chatted for a bit first, he seemed nice, I knew he wasn't a paedo or rabid vampire or anything and I figured, nothing to lose, I accepted. I went on a joint school trip to Sweden for a few weeks over the summer, and agreed to meet him before then, but it fell through because he had to babysit his sister, so we decided we'd meet after I got back.

Well, while I was in Sweden I met a new guy, in person. Hit it off from the second I met him, he's completely my type, liked me as obviously as I liked him, we ended up becoming a running joke on the holiday (two weeks on a subject trip...long time). He ended up asking me out and I accepted because I absolutely knew that I wanted to date him.

As soon as I got home, I went online and apologised to Online Guy but said I'd met someone else and that I hoped we could still be friends. My reasoning was that because I hadn't really met him in person, only seen him around, I didn't know if I was attracted to him or not, or if he was really like his online persona - whereas with In Person Guy I did.

Online Guy is now blanking me and I feel like crap, especially since we were getting on so well - not because I regret my decision, but because I just feel like I've done something wrong.

Opinions?

tl;dr: Got asked out online by an acquaintance, agreed to meet the guy, chatted to him a lot and we were getting on really well before I met another guy in person, hit it off, politely apologised to guy online but said I had met someone else, guy is giving me silent treatment and now I feel guilty, am I in the wrong here? I don't see what else I could have done...




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment