Pages

Search blog and web

My bf dumped me because he's depressed

I don't know what to do, I feel like my heart has been ripped out and my family and friends are in shock. I hadn't seen my bf for a month because I had a research placement abroad. He promised me nothing would change and cried when I left. I made a hell of a lot more effort to contact him whilst I was away than he did for me. When I got back he was so excited to see me (we were going away for a couple of days), he even wanted to extend the trip. When we were together he told me he loved me and everything was fine, it was his birthday so i organised a suprise and he was so choked up and said it was the nicest thing anyone had ever done for him. We talked about what we were going to do the rest of summer and made plans including for our holiday at the end of the year (which he bought up not me). Then when we got back for two days he seemed cold so I asked if he needed a break, he said he didnt know what he wants anymore. Said that I went to africa a nd he was left behind and when I go to various countries in future (I plan to travel and work abroad but thats years away yet, I have to get my degree first!) that its better to end it now rather than years down the line. He also said he's dreading me going back to uni and partying, he said he hates the thought of guys around me and doesn't want to deal with it. After this he ignored me all day and night so I called him the next day when I knew he's be getting ready for work and asked if he was leaving me, he said he didn't know and then gave the break up speech of how its been amazing and im his first love and we can still be mates etc. He was crying the whole time he said this and was struggling to get his words out at the end. He said can he have a couple of weeks to decide whether he wants a relationship and I said no so he said we'd talk after work. On his lunch break he text me saying he can't be 100% committed to me, he hasn't got it in him to give me the time and aff ection I deserve and he still loves me and he's sorry. I told him to please speak to me and explain, not just dump me by text. He said he has no answers, that he is on the verge of a breakdown and is confused and can't cope and needs to be left alone. I told him I would give him space.

He is stressed at work but also has family issues, he doesn't like the man his mum is with and now she's just got engaged to him and he is probably moving in. My (ex I guess) was gonna move out with help from his dad but his dad just lost his job so cant afford it now so he feels trapped there and his dad is pressuring him to meet his partners (the woman he cheated with) kids. So I understand its all got too much, he's also started excercising way too much, he does it til he feels faint every day.

Now I'm just waiting and in so much pain. I don't know what to do. I don't want to be stupid and wait around when he actually doesnt love me anymore and it was just a get out, although I never ever would of thought he didn't love me and neither did our friends and families. I hate it that all this was by text, that he wont speak to me and im giving him space when Ive done nothing wrong. I can't understand at all why he would leave me, I would support him and give him time, he always says I'm the closest person to him and the only one he tells this stuff too and now he's left me. I don't know if the stuff about him leaving me cos I deserve better is true. What would you do/advise? I love him with all my heart, he's the first person I've been with in two years since my ex who was cheating on me. He knows how long it took me to trust and how much he meant to me, I have done so much for him and now in two days he's just decided he doesn't want me. Please someone try and make this clearer for me. I don't know whether to grieve, be angry, not give up hope and just think he's not thinking clearly etc




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment