Pages

Search blog and web

Fiance criticised my body

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, I'm not married but engaged to my partner of the past 4 years but am starting to have my doubts and need some advice.

We get along great in terms of shared values, sense of humour, physically are well matched, great sex life, we seem to complement each other in so many ways. We have know each other since college days and were together back then, split up.. and then refound each other some 25 years later and it was romance again the second time around.

So what's the problem... well... my fiance has started to criticise me. It started a few weeks back with a comment which came out of the blue. He told me I used to have bigger firmer breast when I was younger. He actually touched my chest as he said it. It was totally out of the blue. We had been out and he had literally just rubbernecked at some young girl on the street. We walked into the house and he made the remark. Am I right to feel insulted? A few days later we had an argument about it and he initially even denied saying it! Then he had the nerve to say that I should be lucky that "someone loves me at my age".

Also I called him out on a couple of rubbernecking incidents in the street recently where he almost fell over himself turning to get a better look at a woman's bottom. It was so embarrassing and after him criticising my body, I felt as if I wanted to shove his ring up his ass.

It felt really insulting and I am not sure I want to take this relationship forward. Am I overreacting? The crazy thing is the rest of the time can be so good... but I can't let this go, he just keeps saying sorry and he didn't mean to hurt me with the comment but won't explain why he said it out of the blue. The not explaining is driving me crazy.

Please advise!




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment