Pages

Search blog and web

Is it possible to stay in love in a 20+ yr marriage?

5 months ago my husband out of the blue said he had not been happy for a few years and lost his desire for me and our marriage. He said he wanted out and that was it. This was a shock to me seeing we were still very sexually active and joked and talked all the time. I was very upset that day and when he got home that night after looking at our son, he changed his mind and said he wanted to see if his feelings changed. It has been 5 months since that time and he wont talk about his feelings. One day he seems happy and affectionate and the next day he seems distant. I am constantly wondering and stressing about whether today he leaves or if he is staying. Recently he has started not wanting sex as much as before and claims its because he is older (44 yrs old) and his sex drive isn't as high. I think that is bs, and leaves me panicking and fretting that I am not sexy enough or if he would rather be with someone new seeing we have been married for 22 years.

Sad to say but after all these years together I cant tell if he is in love with me. What are the signs? How do I know if he is into the marriage or just staying until our son grows up (he is 14 yrs old). How do couples keep the fire burning in a marriage? I have repeatedly asked to go away just the 2 of us, he always says yeah that sounds like fun, but wont actually plan it. I have asked for us to go out on "dates" but that never seems to happen either. I try to be playful like a couple with him, but a lot of the time he seems very roommate like. Yesterday was a great day he actually was very affectionate and attentive. I was so happy and in love because that is the way I want to feel in our relationship. It was great! But when he got home and started having sex he lost his erection right in the middle and seemed distant.... He claims because we had sex 3 days in a row he couldn't get aroused. What??? we were in the middle of having sex and he was definitely arouse d and then bam, nothing... Any thoughts???




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment