Pages

Search blog and web

Stay or Go

I've been seeing this girl going on 5 or so months now. I've been in enough relationships to know that we get along great, and have a lot of fun. Our relationship is honest and healthy and I know that there is a lot of potential for great happiness here... unfortunately, we have now come to an impass. I feel like I'm handling this properly but an extra set of ears and eyes would be appreciated.

When we began dating it was under the premise that she would be leaving for an important professional opportunity in April. So our relationship was never hugely serious and premised on the fact that we would enjoy the time we had while we could, that we shouldn't waste an opportunity for such a positive connection. Some people never even get that much, right? Our relationship is tons and tons of fun, more than that- we have become close friends. I don't know when it happened, but somewhere along the line our feelings grew fairly intense for one another. She clearly likes me as much as I like her, which makes this particularly difficult for both of us. Her opportunity got pushed back until August which was fine by her because we were having such a good time and she likes the job she has now. It wasn't a big deal for her to wait. Added to this was the opportunity to perhaps end up in the same place at the end of the year which excited us both greatly.

Then she got the news, she was given an alternative opportunity to leave in July. The problem is that it is not the job she wanted and if she does not accept, it will be unlikely that she will have another shot with this organization. Worse, she has a week to make the decision. If she accepts this job, she won't be back in the united states until her contract has expired (18+ months). She is very excited and equally dissapointed because it is not the job she wants. I am dissapointed because I might be losing a really good friend and lover. I told her that I would support her in whatever she decides, and that if she chooses to go, that I would cherish the time we had and send her with my blessings. More than anything, I phrased it in such a way so that she is making this decision about HER and not US. The last thing I want is for her to not take the job because of me and regret the decision later.

So I'm kind of sitting and waiting until she decides... I don't know what else to do. I love this girl and would hate to see her go. Sometimes everything can be perhaps except for timing... thats enough to do it :(




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment