Pages

Search blog and web

Boyfriend reluctant to look for work

(Please keep anon)

My boyfriend works 16 hours a week, only weekends. He is 23 and we live together. He makes just enough money to pay rent and gas/electricity. I'm a student and I work 12 hours a week minimum but recently I've been doing 24 hours a week to keep us afloat. I pay for the internet, TV license and probably 75% of food. I usually give him about £150 of my money every month because he's about £800 in his overdraft. The money he earns just isn't enough - he spends an additional £200 on top of his wages and goes further into his overdraft each month.

I constantly ask him to find a full time job. I don't really care what he does. Just something that earns more money and is full time. He is extremely fussy about jobs. He won't apply to call centres because he "hates them". I've told him we can't continue like this long-term because he will hit his OD limit. He's applying for places that he doesn't have relevant experience for and as a result, he will make the interview but is turned down. I know how hard it is to find a job because I've been there, but when I was unemployed, I applied for as many places as I could and didn't care that the job was "below" my skill level - I needed money. He's cherry picking a few places and ignoring the others.

What should I do? I do not intend on breaking up with him. If worst comes to worst, he will need to move back to his parents. I can pay the rent on the flat myself. I just want him to be more motivated and understand that living on £400 just isn't going to happen when you are paying for your own place.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment