Pages

Search blog and web

Going to a gay bar - girls

Ok, I'm just looking for some opinions here.

One of my closest friends in town is often complaining about difficulties meeting great guys and her sexual frustration. We go out together a lot and tonight we were meant to go to a bday party of a friend of hers. I've been getting ready and she texts me saying she's not going (she does have a habit of canceling last moment), that she's with a gay friend and that they're going on to a club. She gave me the name and it's a famous gay club (for men specifically).
Now, just to get it out of the way (in case of angry political correctness here), I have gay male friends, I have nothing against any sexual orientation, couldn't care less.
But I find single girls hanging out in gay bars slightly pathetic. It's one of those things they do on Sex and the City which is not actually as "fabulous" as some want it to seem on TV. Obviously her friends want to go somewhere to meet guys, and for us to join them, we're basically the third wheel. There are no women or straight men. I find the idea of two girls tagging along a bit sad.
I mean, is this remotely common? I don't desperately need to meet a guy to exchange numbers, but at the very least you want to dance with someone or whatever.
Am I alone here? Sorry for the rant, I'm just a bit fed up with this scenarios where I'm spending time getting ready and she's texting me with a change of plans of her own preference.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment