Pages

Search blog and web

Isn't outside attention to a spouse a kind of insult?

I posted here earlier this week and have gotten more familiar with the site since. A lot of good info here and I appreciate all the knowledge.

My situation is that my wife apparently had an EA going on a few years back, and has had lesser attachments to other other men since then. None are still around but I still worry about the next time this happens and she still has men approach her regularly. Lots of work to be done on my part as others have made clear.

My question now is about how my wife sees the attentions of other men. She views it as validation and an ego boost for herself, which is why I think she slowly gets wrapped up in this nonsense, at least in part.

But in reality, since men aren't like women in that way and we often chase lots of women, isn't such attention not really the validation she thinks it is? I don't mean I chase other women, or that anyone here does by the way.

What I mean is in general men will sleep with a woman given the chance if he is without other attachment, and so this pursuit by other men isn't really the compliment my wife thinks it is? If a man at work or out and about will approach her that way, isn't he showing how little he thinks of her? How little he or others respect our marriage? And also that those who encourage her in this kind of behavior are not really her friends or admirers?

Just some thoughts but I was curious what people might think. Also, should I ask her about any of this or not?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment