Pages

Search blog and web

Have I succeeded or failed at life?

I'm 18 and I'm a hairdresser. The only subjects I liked and were good at when I was at school were English and history. For my GCSEs I got 4 A*s in English language, English literature, history and RS and 6 Bs in eveything else. When I finished school I went to college for 2 years to train to become a hairdresser.

Whilst at college I still loved English and history, and through self-teaching and occasional tutor lessons, I gained A-levels in Englsh language, English literature and history, getting 3 A*s. Now I'm a hairdresser and I love my job. However, when I look at other people who have done so much better academically than I have, I feel a bit inferior, like I have failed my whole life. The constant talk of 4 respectable A-levels and a university education has made me feel like I've taken the easy way out, even though I love what I do and I can't imagine doing anything else. Maybe my mindset is wrong and I have failed after all. Have I failed?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment