Pages

Search blog and web

Why are people attracted to ugly people?

...like me.

Every single place I go there always seems to be ONE person who starts to fancy me. Then I have to put up with everybody else staring at me whenever I walk past and talking about how could anyone possibly fancy her because she's such an ugly repulsive minger blah blah blah.

I used to behave similarly to people with Body Dysmorphia (except for the fact that I am actually ugly) to the point where I couldn't leave my house or talk to certain people because of the way I looked. So to have people, yet again, call me ugly is sort of soul-destroying. Whenever I think I've left that sort of thing behind it happens again and again. It happened in school, then in college and now at university. I know this doesn't sound all that believable but it's true. I can't even mention the whole situation to my friends because I know they'll think I'm making it up in my head, even I don't know WHY they're attracted to me.

Anyway, I just felt like venting my frustration.

PS I'd like to point out that this was a primary cause of my social anxiety and a contributing factor in my suicidal depression which had vastly improved once I started university; I was talking to people and I managed to have a laugh with them and almost feel happy for a while. But now that this is happening again it's bringing back all those old feelings, I'm withdrawing myself once again and I feel depressed a lot of the time (though no where near as bad as before).

No comments:

Post a Comment