Pages

Search blog and web

How do I get my husband to step up financially

I am new to this site and I need some help... I married my HS sweetheart from 18 years ago this past year. I have two kids from a previous marriage, which was really abusive. He had never been married cuz he said he never got over me. I know he loves me more then life itself and I never have to worry about him hitting me or cheating on me like my ex's. He is great to the kids and is helping them get over what they went thru with their dad. He is still learning how to be a dad, but he is trying. He is really sweet and loving.

But there is a big problem. He has a crappy job that he has only worked a full week 7 times this year. He is always off for one reason or the other. I tried to get him to take another job which paid more but he chose this one cause it was something he liked. Because of this I work two jobs! My part time job I work more then his FT job. I had to go back to my pt job two days after ankle surgery to keep us from going under. His hardly covers gas and part of the food. He promised he would get some training when we got married...nothing. I have tried to get him to get another job, he stalls. I told him to get a pt job...nothing, just stalling. We are both trying to rebuild and we don't have alot, and we never will at this rate. And all I do is work, meanwhile I don't get any days off and I miss my teens!! He gets to go to the gym, watch tv and has alot of days off!! Its not fair, I am starting to really hate him. I don't want him to touch me and it doesn't matter to him that I yell, he lets me and then tries to be lovey. I want more from my life then this, I am almost 40 and I want to give my kids more too. He has alot of potential and is the sweetest person but I don't know how to get him to step up or is this a lost cause. Does anyone have any ideas. Oh, I spent the last year trying to be the "cheerleader" type in encouraging him to get a better job, that did not work. HELP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment