Pages

Search blog and web

Ten year anniversary coming up

This last year has been by far the most challenging of our marriage. Trust was broken on his part, he has been working to rebuild it. I believe he was in an EA, he says they were just friends, either way, he was fulfilling a need that apparently I was not. So we hit the drawing board and for a while seemed to making some serious progress in reconnecting.... lately, seems to have just become stagnant. We were both sick at different times, however, I feel like many of the things we talked about throughout this past year and worked on together, some of the main points that I was trying to make on my needs in the marriage just go in one ear and out the other and at the same time have worked on everything he mentioned to me, and I do mean everything, from sex, to fun companionship to family time, to simply more tv time (yes he requested that although for me that does nothing). I said last July I was going to give my all for a year. I have found myself the last couple weeks more appreciative of the little things he does that I notice my friends husbands do not do, and I have told him so. I guess because with ten years right around the corner I am a bit more reflective on the progress we have made versus how far we still have to go. Advice for an anniversary? We cannot take a vacation, I am not even sure we will be able to organize a night with no kids... I don't want the simple special love making night... I actually gave him something I thought was really special and thoughtful for his birthday and he said it made him feel all sorts of emotions, but then didn't speak of it again. It was a memory box, full of my favorite memories of us. I have tried to be more romantic to him, because he says I expect it too much of him, when I can do things too... I'm at a total loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment