Pages

Search blog and web

Can we ever go back to being best friends? Please read!

Before I started uni I'd never had a girlfriend or even got close to girls as friends. Then I met one of my flatmates and in just weeks we became best mates. At that time I didn't see her as a potential girlfriend and had no feelings for her (or at least I think I didn't). I just loved being in her company and spending time with her. Over our first year at uni we continued spending time together and got closer.....soon after getting to know her more it became obvious to me that I was in love with her.

She knows that I care about her loads and that I have feelings for her but doesn't feel the same way back. Since telling her that i'm into her, we've gone back to being friends and most of the time it has worked out. But now she's got a boyfriend and i'm jealous even though i haven't even met the guy. Also, i find myself getting increasingly frustrated and sensitive to the things she does.....today we were planning to watch a film together but she cancelled last minute and gave no reason. I was annoyed and felt like ignoring her back.

I've tried breaking contact but every time she's been so sweet to me and i've found it impossible to stay away. We're living together until June so there's no way I can simply avoid her. I keep on telling myself that we can only be friends but inside I still dream about us being a couple and it makes me sad that it won't ever happen. Is it possible for us to stay best mates? I want her to be a part of my life cos I know for a fact she cares about me a lot too. But the reality is that I may never stop loving her and this will always be hanging over me.

Advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment