Pages

Search blog and web

realised housemate is a player, but i am still falling for him

So I spent first year uni really liking my best friend. We spent a lot of time in each others rooms and I thought I knew him better than anyone else and ignored the fact he texted a lot of girls and other signs that maybe he wasn't the amazingly kind guy I thought he was.
Nothing at all happened between us all year, I had a boyfriend at the start and he had a girlfriend too. All year people joked we should be a couple etc.
By the end of the year we were both single and at the summer end of term party we got off, he said a lot about how much he liked me and i said similar back. we then slept together (very drunkedly).

Over the summer he texed a lot at first, came and visited and I realised things wern't right. We agreed to leave things and just see what happens in 2nd year. Big issue being we are in the same house!!

When we got back I quickly realised it wasn't right so talked to him (i was quite angry as he had been all over other girls on a night out and avoiding me and i thought was just being very disrespectful not to say something to me before) we were clear nothing can happen.

Anyway, found out through other people he is going around saying it was all about sex and he never liked me to that extent (even though there are specific things i can think of which make me think he'd never do that unless he liked me).. But by this point i'd had enough and decided it was finally time to move on and forget about any possibility of anything ever happening because reality struck, he is just trying to act like a 'lad' and a player who didn't value our friendship whatsoever and the fact we are housemates makes it a huge no no anyway!

But just as I started getting over him, he has started texting a lot and being a lot more flirty/close. (Possibly straight after i announced im moving in with course friends next year)
While I'm weary of it, i'm also drawn in that after everything if he is bothering to text maybe he likes me.
I know its ridiculous and I need to just stop talking to him beyond a just friends level but i'm finding it so hard. To be honest, I enjoy the attention and no other guys are texting me at the moment.

I don't know how to respond when he texts, I don't put 'x' s and sometimes don't even reply. I couldnt be much clearer I don't want anything of that nature to happen, but he is so persistent.
I dont understand!?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment