Pages

Search blog and web

Too much time with extended family or is it?

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I am married 26 years with 3 children 2 in college 1 still in high school. We have a condo at the beach and after we bought there so did my husbands sister and her husband and then his brother bought a condo there. Every weekend for the past 13 years I have to spend our only free time together on the beach with my husbands family. They have grandchildren now and there are cousins that come on Sundays. It has gotten old. Some Saturday nights they all want to go out to eat. The difference is my husband is only there only on the weekend, my sister in laws stay all summer. I come and go depending on my work schedule and my kids schedules. My one brother in law lives there all summer, the other one takes vacation. They are a very close family and grew up together in a big house in the summer at the beach. I get it, but I feel he is married to me not them and I expect to spend time with my husband alone! not on a beach every weekend with his sister presiding over the family. Ok, she's not the bad but she is the older sister. This has gotten to the point where I just don't feel like going and my husband goes out of his way to make sure he gets there. Am I nuts?

Carol

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment