Pages

Search blog and web

How do you feel when your long time ex dates?

We dated years ago for five years. Super close, first everything. We were young.

He discovered lots of women were attracted to him because he was cute. He dumped me in 1984.

I went on, we both married different people and I moved far away with my family. I never contacted him.

He called me 20 years later to wish me a happy birthday and told me he had a great marriage and great kids. Ok, no problem.

He keeps in touch yearly and after 25 years we are both divorced.

He wishes me a happy birthday on facebook every year and texts me, "hello" every 2-3 months. NOTHING innapropriate.

He now has a girlfriend. Good for him although she is married and although the girlfriend has a bad marriage this is a huge turn off to me.

We will always have those first love special feelings but I would never date him again. I don't really care about his life but if he needed something, I would help.

Last night I posted a picture of myself on a date with a new boyfriend.

7:30 am, I receive a text from my old, old, first ex, "who's the lucky guy?"

I texted him back briefly and gave a few details.

He is dating, hasn't seen me in years although he keeps loose "life" tabs on me. Just a wee confused.....

Do you guys care about what long ago loves are up to even when YOU'RE in a long-term relationship and miles away?

He's never stated any feelings for me at all since I was 20 years old. That was 30 years ago.

Simple curiosity ? Possessive of old girlfriends? Bruised ego?

If he mentioned something down the road like, "hey, who was that guy I saw you with way back in August on FB, I would understand but this was 7:30 am.

I kinda like having my ego fed but just want a guy's perspective. If you're with another woman, why would you care?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment