Pages

Search blog and web

My feelings are confusing me....Need input

Hello all,

1st post.

I came to this sight looking for insight into my situation. Hopefully, I'm posting in the correct spot.

I'm 31 years old and have been married for 6 years. No kids.

Let me start my saying my wife is a great lady who I love very much.

When my wife and I first got married we were both still in the party scene, out on the weekends until bar close etc etc.
Now having grown older, my interests have changed and so have hers. I like to live a very active, outdoor life style. My wife would rather spend her Saturday perched on the sofa reading a book. I find myself doing most things that I enjoy by myself for the past couple years. At 1st I was OK with this, but the last year or two it has really began to wear on me. I feel like we are growing apart further and further with each passing day.

We've discussed it and she has tried to appease me, which I commend her for, by coming along on my outdoor adventures but its easy to tell she is miserable, not enjoying herself in the least. I'd rather her just stay home to be honest. It's not enjoyable for either of us at that point.

I know I have very high expectations for marriage, my parents have shown me that such a marriage is possible, and can thrive.
My wife's parents, Not so much. She says that our marriage is just how marriage is, I completely disagree.

The older i get, The more i feel like I'm wasting my time in my current situation.

Gimmie your insight please....

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment