Pages

Search blog and web

Inappropriate wife?

Am I unreasonable? My husband and I were invited to a yard party by a man he has worked with for the last 10 years that has recently retired. I am friends with his wife and her daughters now. So, at this yard party we have to set up blankets and chairs, bring our own alcohol and there is going to be a band and catered Mexican food. Set up is between 530-6 and the band is supposed to start at 8pm. I am so excited! We have three children under the age of 7. I want to enjoy good music, good food and good company. My husband doesn't care for this band and I do. He was never thrilled about this event and it's totally my kinda night out. I'm not a bar girl. He told me he couldn't get the night off work. When I told him I wanted to go even if he couldn't he said he would compromise and take me but we would have to leave by 9. 9!!!!!! So he can be at work by 1130 pm (midnight shift). That's an hour of music! I love to dance. I love music. I have never danced wit h the opposite sex but he is accusing me of dancing to get attention of other men, he's not "stupid" and knows what everybody is going to think when his wife is there without him, I'm disrespecting him by putting myself in a position to he around intoxicated men... He is giving me the silent treatment because I told him he's acting jealous and insecure. I told him our relationship is really hurting from this and we need to work on this. I'm saying WE and I mean it. This problem is mine, too, now. I want to help him but he won't even consider that how he's reacting is unreasonable. I can't even tell you the last time I went out... We are always busy, working hard and tight on money but there is much love in our home so it's okay. The way he's reacting makes me not want him to find a way to come along like I had originally wanted. I really pictured us laying on a blanket having a good time like we usually do. He's saying I wanted to go without him from the beginning, like I premeditated the way he's feeling. We usually drink in our garage once or twice a week after the kids go to bed until the wee hours of the morning- we call it our bar and we laugh and always have a great time. I don't have eyes for anyone else but I'm having a hard time being patient with being wrongfully accused. I'm being punished for wanting to go. Am I acting inappropriately as a wife if I go without my husband? Is it inappropriate for me to dance? Please help... maybe I am from a different planet.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment