Pages

Search blog and web

This is insane - desperately need opinions

Married 30 years. 3 grown kids out of the house.
Wife is in the entertainment biz - lower mid level, always looking for opportunities. I am semi retired and assist her in her career.
Past - she has a short PA many many years ago - dealt with it.
She has a LTR EA with a gay co-worker - i put up with it but got too intense and not enough emotional energy left for me. I ended it years ago.

Today she received a casting invite to a proposed show for married couples to get divorced for 2 months while each is free to travel the world on the company's money.

Then after the 2 months, they will pay for the re-marriage ceremony if you want to stay together.

Marriage has been good, but a bit rocky at times and I have been the one to do a bit extra to hold it together.

When the proposal came in I waited to hear what she would say. She told me she would consider it... blah blah blah is all i heard.

I saw red. I saw it as her using our marriage as collateral for some TV exposure and putting it at major risk. I also know 2 months apart will end it. i also know what they do on these shows. They will throw men at her and women at me to destabilize any relationship we have for "drama".

Wife became highly annoyed when I said i was upset she would even consider it. She said if i loved her i would do it and take the risk. Now she's pissed at me and wants an apology.

I dont have any more info on the show. Dont know how the heck they plan on doing divorces so quickly and how it would play out - or even if the divorce would be real or just a fake for the show. Either way, i am not a happy camper today.

I feel a piece of my love for her died today when she wanted to risk the marriage for the slim possibility of the tv time yielding anything substantial for her career.

I'm thinking of just going along with it until the time comes to sign a contract, then tell her fine, i'll do it but if we do not get back together for any reason, she gets none of my money and no support. Zero. But she'll get her TV time. She'll be broke.

Your thoughts?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment