Pages

Search blog and web

Saying "Us", vs. "I" in conversations

I've had to catch or correct myself when speaking to coworkers or just random people. I'm married/separated, we both don't wear our rings. It's awkward for me sometimes when I'm asked about an event that involved my STBX, and I say "we"....

Example: At work I use a carry bag that has Australia on it...it's my favorite bag and best memory. When asked if I went there I say yes "We were there in 2011". Then come the questions about my trip and it just gets really uncomfortable for me because there is no longer a "we".

Worse than that, or to expand on that, is that I now work for a company that has me passing by my STBX'S work place. I have been professional on the job, but when ppl ask me how I got the job, I don't know how to reply sometimes? STBX gave me the info for this job. I see daily the gal he spoke to that landed me there (she's a very nice coworker!).

I have to stay with this company for financial reasons, but it does kinda hurt having to see him from time to time, and I don't know how to answer questions from customers without making the situation uncomfortable.

I can and will always be professional on the job, but the sting sometimes is hard to deal with later.

How do you all go forth with family, friends, and coworkers in this situation? Thx...

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment