Pages

Search blog and web

Staying at home for a while after having twins

Both my husband and I have very successful careers, being able to have a nice life and save more than a half of our earning. I'm 30 and he's 32 years old, and we're planning to start working on kid next year. I'm kind of person that always wanted to be a mother and had difficulties understand that my husband needed more time, despite having met all the conditions required to raise the kid properly. So, as per his wish, we "agreed" to start working on it from next year (well, not agreed, I just accepted what he proposed as I had no choice). I always wanted to be a business woman as well, to earn money and help my family have a nice life and nice future, but maternity is something I really want to do properly. As there is hight probability that we will have twins, I was thinking that going back after 6 weeks after delivery (this is as per my contract) should be too soon. Therefore, all hypothetically speaking, I suggested to my husband that in a case that w e get twins I think it might be a good idea for me to stay at home for 6 months. He exploded when he heard that and said that I'm not kind of wife he was looking for and that he expects me yo get back to work after 3 month max. Even with his salary, we could have nice life and still save, and for me would be quite easy to find a job after six months. Even though I tried to explain that I don't want to fail as a mother, that my career maters by my kids as well, he did't want to listen. He said that we're not going to lose x amount of money that I earn per month just because I want to raise twins. Again, my idea was to have 6 month break only. And in a case that we would get twins, that would be my only maternity leave, as we don't plan more than 2. I tried to explain that 6 month time in my whole career wouldn't mean a lot, but would mean to our kids which I would like to breastfeed, but it was useless. He reacted quite badly and accused me to be lazy etc. Plus, there's no o ption for me to have part-time job, it would be 12 hours per day at least... I would like to hear other peoples' opinion and see if I'm maybe wrong...
Posted via Mobile Device

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment