Pages

Search blog and web

Major anxiety over unanswered message!

  • Thread Starter

So, I've recently been getting into a new friend group, and last week me and one of the guys had a really irresponsible (but fun) night where he bought a bottle of whiskey and we pretty much drank it between the two of us. Two days ago I ran into him again and he told me that apparently, at some point during that night, we were cycling around with me sitting on the back of his bike, and we fell down (I had no recollection of this). So apparently he hurt his shoulder really badly and had to go to the hospital the next day, and he needs an operation now.

I felt really bad for him, so I sent him a Facebook message yesterday saying I hoped everything would be alright with his shoulder, that I felt partly responsible for the 'accident', and that once he was off the painkillers, I'd buy him another bottle of whiskey. Then I asked about an arts festival he's involved in and what shows he would recommend.

He saw this pretty much right away, but it's been over a day and he hasn't replied yet. For some reason it's making me feel really anxious. I know he's probably just busy, but I can't turn off this nagging voice in my head that keeps saying I must have said something really wrong or embarrassing or he's angry with me and that now it's going to be really awkward when I run into him again. Idk, does the message sound really weird?

It's not just this particular instance either, pretty much every time I interact with people I end up over-analysing everything, finding fault with everything I've said and just going over and over everything in my head and cringing and convincing myself that yes, this time I've actually gone and messed up for good and no one will ever talk to me again. Is this normal? How can I stop myself from doing this? It actually takes up so much of my energy and I'm really tired of it (worst thing is, I realise even this post is just ridiculous!). Is this like, Social Anxiety or something?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment