Pages

Search blog and web

Am I being irrational?

  • Thread Starter

Broke up with my boyfriend a few days ago after being angry about lack of contact but now I'm wondering whether I am being irrational or not.

Started seeing this guy roughly this time last year at uni over exam period then we decided to make it work long-distance as we are both on our year abroad. Everything started off really well, and he's the first boyfriend that I would say i'm actually in love with (had two others in the past).

We used to Skype once every other night for an hour or so but now that we have deadlines approaching he has severely reduced the amount of contact time between us to 30 minutes once a week, which to me is not sufficient. Just to contextualise, in my last long-distance relationship my other ex and I would talk on average two hours every night.

Just over two weeks when I went to visit him in his village for the first time we had a lot of social commitments because everyone wanted to meet me and our intimacy suffered slightly, both spending time alone and sex. That was something that bothered me quite a lot, but he blamed the lack of sex on being too tired and stressed, despite us being apart for two months before this trip.

Anyway, when I was visiting him we nearly broke up because of the lack of contact but then decided to make it work except that I couldn't deal with him just giving me 30 minutes of Skype time a week. He said it would be like that for the next two months as he is too busy with his project (even though I always manage my schedule so that I can find time to talk to him). I love the guy but literally what is the point? A relationship isn't just pick and choose when it's convenient for the partner to talk to the other?

Am I being ridiculous here expecting more than half an hour a week talk time considering how stressed and OCD he can be sometimes, the fact that I didn't feel completely sexually satisfied when I saw him and that I have already made enough sacrifices for him? I would really appreciate honest opinions even if it's to slate me because apparently by breaking up with him I was 'making him choose between uni and me' even though it wasn't that at all and he is the one that suggested the long-distance relationship in the first place. I am genuinely so confused!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment