Pages

Search blog and web

Would you date someone who didn't have a facebook account?

  • Thread Starter

Or would you even believe that they didn't?

I feel quite sad to say this but I think not having facebook (or twitter etc) is affecting my chances of finding a partner! I feel sad that some people in this day and age will only see me as a valid or genuine person if I do not have a social media profile (or in my case persona!) to match.

I have yet to date a guy who as not asked to add me on facebook. When I reply I don't have one it seems to arouse a lot of suspicion.

As for the reason I don't have facebook I first temporarily shut it down over 5 years ago when I got admitted into hospital for anorexia after a year I shut it down permanently and have not rejoined since as I realised that only a 'few' of these friends were there for me in reality and these were the ones I wished to put my energies into. I don't knock others for using it but for me personally I feel it doesn't serves a purpose and again I can only talk from personal experience but it only served to distract me and for me to seek false validation from others. My life has been much more fulfiling and healthy since leaving.

So my question is would you ever date/be in a relationship with blank! Someone who does not have an account?

And for those who 'live off the grid' of social media does it affect your relationships or even friendships. Does your partner trust you without being able to stalk you?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment