Pages

Search blog and web

Are these good reasons to end a relationship?

  • Thread Starter

I've been in a long-term relationship for the last 3 years. We're both students at different Universities -- there's a 1 hour train ride between us, just for some context.

Up until recently, everything has been fine and dandy. But recently, things feel a bit "off".

While I'm with her, everything -- for the most part -- is great, minus a few tiffs here and there. But then when we're apart, I find it really hard to find the motivation to stay in touch -- I know this makes me sound like a dick, but it's the truth.

And because she was my first, I get this feeling in the back of my head that now is the time to end things while I'm at the "right age" (20) to enjoy being single. And by that I don't mean sleeping around; I mean having no commitments so I can throw myself into everything else that's going on, and being able to do things like travelling without a second thought.

Finally, and probably biggest of all, because she's my first I've never (in the back of my head) wanted this to be my only relationship. I've always known we'd break up at some point.

Despite all of this, I'm still in love with her -- and I know if we broke up I'd miss her like crazy.

Muddled isn't even the word. What should I do? Anyone been in a similar situation?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment