Pages

Search blog and web

Updated situation on sexless marriage

So I posted a few months back about the sexless marriage and the lack of affection from my wife. How I was staying in the marriage for my two kids, etc.

You may not like what I have to say and I'm not looking for advice per se but just an update and welcome comments, similar experiences, etc

Some things have changed since then:

1) Gave her an ultimatum of let's spend more time together, more affection, more intimacy.

She said that she didn't feel close because we didn't spend anout time together. She says that she doesn't have a high sex drive but will try to make small steps and we will have sex in the near future. I said that pretty much needs to take place or our marriage is doomed. We will be headed for divorce.

No...she is not cheating and doesn't have any male friends. I did my due diligence snooping to make sure I wasn't wasting my time with someone who is just stringing me along.

2) I have made a close female friend during this process. She is married too and in a similar situation. We have not had sex but we do email quite a bit and support each other. Without her, I was too needy with my wife. Now I feel more like the person I was before the marriage started going south. I don't give a **** if anyone approves of my friendship. It's been great for her and I. My friendship with this women hinders nothing in my marriage. Maybe it would for other people but not me.

So that's it. I'll see what happens. In the meantime we are being the best parents we can for the kids and trying our best to get closer. If this doesn't work out, we will get a divorce.

Thanks for listening. Comments are welcome; advice not needed at this point. Maybe later if something comes up.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment